Another Online Victory
Now that The Toronto Star is buying banner advertising on Drudge, you have to admit five things:
1. The dead tree media are awake and lucid. Torstar was ahead of the curve with their digital strategy in the late 90’s, but this is quite an admission on their part. Good for them I say.
2. Aggregators have a future, whether or not there’s a blog attached to it.
3. The growth in online advertising can only go in one direction. Up.
4. Google may well be a buy at $458 a share (I’m not licenced to give stock trading advice btw).
5. How information is shared is changing for good, as Andy Nulman said last night at a closing dinner held for our recent financing for his company, Airborne Entertainment. How people meet, how ideas are generated, how information is shared. Changing.